An oldy but a goody. Flapjacks are one of my favourite things to make (and eat). With gooey dates and fruity apricots, these flapjacks are totally delicious and naturally sweet. Perfect for an afternoon snack or a sweet treat, these are packed with fibre, fruit and deliciousness.
100g/6.5 Tbsp Coconut Oil
20g Sunflower Spread
130ml/1/2 cup Sunflower Oil
2 Ripe Bananas – Mashed
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
1/4 Cup Honey or Maple Syrup
500g/4 Cups Rolled Oats
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Cup Dates – Chopped
Handful of each: Pumpkin Seeds & Walnuts
100g Dried Apricots
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tin with grease proof paper.
2. Place the chia seeds in a small bowl with 3 tbsp water. Give it a stir and set aside.
3. In a pan, gently heat the coconut oil, sunflower spread, sunflower oil, honey, bananas, vanilla extract, coconut sugar and pour in the chia mix. Keep stirring every now and again until everything has melted together.
4. Whisk the ingredients until smooth and combined.
5. In a large mixing bowl, pour the oats, cinnamon, chopped dates, nuts, seeds and apricots.
6. Stir until the fruits and nuts are well distributed.
7. Add the molten mixture from the pan and mix really well.
8. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking pan and flatten down well with a spatula so that it is compact as possible.
9. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until lovely and golden brown.
10. Leave to cool completely before cutting into squares.