This is my go-to recipe for granola as it low-sugar, naturally sweet, super filling, delicious and packed with protein and healthy fat. This granola is one of the first recipes that I created and it is one that I go back to again and again.
What’s more; you only need 8 ingredients that you are likely to have in your cupboard and provides a cheaper & lower sugar alternative to shop bought options.
Let’s get to it!
RECIPE FOR COCONUT & ALMOND GRANOLA
Makes enough for around 6-7 servings
3 Cups of Jumbo Rolled Oats
2 Handfuls of roughly chopped Pecans and Almonds (use any nuts you have!)
1/2 Cup of Pumpkin Seeds
1/2 Cup of Coconut Chips
1-2 Tbsp Cinnamon
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1-2 Tbsp Almond Butter
1 Tbsp Honey (2 if you prefer it sweeter!)
– Preheat the oven to 180C
– Start with melting the coconut oil, almond butter and honey together in a saucepan and set aside.
– Next place the oats, nuts and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. I also tend to add a sprinkling of ground cloves at this point as it adds a delicious, fragrant flavour but you can stick to the recipe if you like!
– Pour the melted mixture into the mixing bowl and stir until everything is covered. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
– Once your granola is baked (firstly it should be smelling delicious!) and secondly you need to wait for it to cool before adding the final ingredients of the pumpkin seeds and coconut chips. These ingredients burn very fast in the oven so it is better to add these at the end.
- This recipe is super-versatile so feel free to substitute ingredients if you don’t have them on hand – e.g. you could sub maple syrup for the honey or use any nuts or seeds that you like. The granola is still delicious even without the liquid sweetener if you want to make it fully sugar free!
- Granola keeps for around 2 weeks, not that is will last that long! But to ensure freshness, store in an air-tight container.
This is one of my favourite recipes, so I thought why not share it in my first recipe post. I’d love to hear from you if you make it!