Healthy Granola Brownies
No baking required
Follow the recipe below and enjoy!
400g medjool dates, pitted
2 tbsp cacao powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
150g dark chocolate, at least 70% cocoa solids
1 cup granola of choice (see my food tab for a recipe), or chopped nuts, or desiccated coconut
- Line a square/rectangular tin with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend the oats before adding the dates and blend until combined.
- Add in the cacao powder, vanilla, salt and a splash of almond/coconut milk. The texture should form a doughy ball.
- Remove the mixture and spread evenly into the cake tin, pressing the dough down with your hands so smooth and flat. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate gently, in a non-stick pan over a low heat.
- Once melted, remove the base from the freezer and pour over the chocolate layer so it evenly covers the base.
- Sprinkle the granola, chopped nuts or anything else you feel like and place back in the freezer to store. Cut into slices when you are ready to enjoy.
You can store these in the freezer and take one or two out whenever you feel like a treat, the dates mean that they wont freeze solid so they will be nice and soft ready to be eaten. Hope you enjoy!