This recipe is one of my all time favourite things to make as it is packed with healthy fats, fruit and natural goodness (and it tastes SO good). Making this on a Sunday evening or at the start of a week is ideal, as it means you have a healthy breakfast to grab in the mornings.
3 Cups of Jumbo Rolled Oats
2 Handfuls of roughly chopped Walnuts and Almonds (use any nuts you have!)
1/2 cup Chopped Apricots (unsulphured)
1/2 Cup of Coconut Chips
1-2 Tbsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tbsp Mixed Spice
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1-2 Tbsp Almond Butter
2 tbsp Maple Syrup – can use honey instead
– Preheat the oven to 180C
– Start with melting the coconut oil, almond butter and syrup together in a saucepan on a low heat and set aside.
– Next place the oats, nuts, cinnamon and mixed spice in a large bowl.
– Pour the melted mixture into the mixing bowl and stir until everything is covered. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
– Once your granola is baked (firstly it should be smelling delicious!) and secondly you need to wait for it to cool before adding the final ingredients of the chopped apricots and coconut chips. These ingredients burn very fast in the oven so it is better to add these at the end.
- This recipe is super-versatile so feel free to substitute ingredients if you don’t have them on hand – e.g. you could sub maple syrup for the honey or use any nuts or seeds that you like. The granola is still delicious even without the liquid sweetener if you want to make it fully sugar free!
- Granola keeps for around 2 weeks, not that is will last that long! But to ensure freshness, store in an air-tight container.