It’s the season of cold weather, darker evenings and freezing temperatures, which also means our immune systems are having to work harder.
Soups are a great way of packing in vegetables, spices with anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties and all the goodness that will keep colds and flu’s at bay!
This particular recipe is amazing for cold winter days and is absolutely amazing for immune-boosting! It is packed with garlic, spices, vitamin A containing veg such as butternut squash, carrots and sweet potatoes & is super delicious.
It is also very filling so perfect for winter times when you are craving warm, hearty meal!
1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil
4 Garlic Cloves
1 Thumb Ginger
2 Sweet Potatoes
2cm Red Chilli (de-seeded)
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
1 tbsp Miso Paste
1 Can Coconut Milk
1 tsp vegetable stock mixed with 250ml boiling water
1 Can Cooked Lentils (optional)
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pan and fry off the shallot for 5 minutes.
- Chop the garlic and ginger finely and add to the pan for 10 minutes.
- Chop all of the veg up into cubes and chuck them all in!
- Pour in the can of coconut milk and stock into the pan and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the veg is soft.
- Add in the remaining spices and miso paste.
- Blend up the soup either in a Vitamix-type blender or with a hand-held blender.
- Add lentils if you want a more filling soup and serve.
8. Serve hot with some crusty bread and enjoy!
Hopefully you will try this recipe, it is not only delicious but also super nourishing and wholesome.
Let me know if you try it!